Thinking of relocating to North Carolina? With its close proximity to both the Triad and Triangle – two major urban centers – Sanford, North Carolina is a great choice! North Carolina has one of the best state university systems in the nation (with reduced in-state tuition), and solid public and private school options can help your children get there.
Here’s the lowdown on public and private Sanford area schools.
If you settle down in Autumnwood, your child will attend Lee County Public Schools.
- Elementary: depending on where you land in the neighborhood, you’ll be in district for either BT Bullock or Ingram. Both schools are relatively new facilities; according to the National Center for Education Statistics, average teacher to student ratio is 15:1 and the student body is evenly diverse.
- Middle School: students in Autumnwood attend West Lee Middle School.
- High School: students in Autumnwood attend Lee County High School, by far the largest high school in the county. Thankfully it maintains the same low student-to-teacher ratio.
Note that Lee County also has an early college program.
Private schools in the Sanford area are mostly religious institutions.
- Lee Christian School: located just south of downtown, Lee Christian School was built in 1994. It is certified by the ACSI and most students (90%) eventually attend college. Average SAT score is just under 1600.
- Grace Christian School: a bit further south is Grace Christian School, which emphasizes the arts and student-led worship. There is also an extended after school program, great if you have to commute from the Triangle.
- The O’Neal School: the O’Neal School is a bit further from Sanford – about 30 minutes – but offers one of the best college preparatory programs in the state. It offers a large variety of arts and athletics programs. Tuition is not cheap, but the school offers a myriad of financial aid programs and claims that around 30% of the student body receives aid.
Looking for a place to live in Sanford? Autumnwood is a new neighborhood of thoughtfully designed custom homes starting in the $300s. Homes in Autumnwood combine small-town charms with modern amenities like fiber optic internet access. Contact us today and learn about our current listings.